Every educator has projects, ideas, or areas of concern on their campus that requires the time and energy of the campus administrator. Administrator inquiry or action research means you take ONE of your ideas and focus on it. Come up with a plan, get input from your leadership team and start collecting and analyzing data to help make your “Mission” possible. As I reflected on what action research is, and how I have implemented it as classroom teacher, I can see the benefit it would have as the school leader. In the classroom I have many ideas that “Pop” into my head. But, trying to juggle grades, attendance, parent conferences, tutoring and testing, these ideas seem to get pushed to the back burner. There just doesn’t seem to be enough time to do all of the “Projects” I would like to do. Dana suggest making it part of your regular administrative routine. Take 1 hour week out of your schedule and donate it strictly to your action research plan. Dana, N. (2009) Leading with passion and knowledge, p.16. She also compared it to how when you make working out part of your weekly routine, you feel better about yourself, so in doing this, I could feel better about how I am leading my school if I find time for what is important to meet every child’s needs.
No comments:
Post a Comment